Processing payroll is a big responsibility; everyone in the company depends on it.
The rule book is enormous and some level of government is always watching. But your payroll also holds a lot of vital metric information for your business. Payroll is often one of the largest expenses of a business, yet much of the data collected is underused. So why not bring it in house and get access to all that granular information for better analysis and metrics. Payroll in house also gets you:
- Full Integration directly into your business management and accounting system
- Instant inquiry whenever you need.
- Instant reporting at your fingertips
- Processing payroll on your schedule
- On-demand special payrolls whenever needed
- Multi-faceted posting of payroll expenses.
Take Back Control of Your Payroll Activities
Handling your payroll in-house is the right business decision when:
- You want to have that close oversight and access to information always available.
- Payroll is complex with both part and full time employees, or includes overtime, shift differentials, benefits, multiple locations and/or states.
- You compare and find that outsourcing payroll is more expensive than handling it in-house.
For companies with payroll that have multiple locations, multiple owners and or multiple areas of specialization, Kianoff delivers industry expertise to drive and support Best Practices under complex payroll requirements. We strengthen business performance by giving your team the ability to handle all aspects of your in-house payroll.
The implementation and support of in-house payrolls has been an area of Kianoff specialization since our start in 1986. Members of our Payroll team have been in the trenches doing payroll processing and that perspective comes along with years of hands-on experience implementing and supporting in-house payroll systems at hundreds of companies.
We are experienced in handling the simplest payroll or the most complex with very diverse requirements. Some clients run payroll for less than 25 employees. Other clients run payrolls for more than 10,000 employees. In either case, or all those in-between, Kianoff’s time-tested Best Practices permeate through all areas of your payroll, including:
- Pay, Deductions and Benefits.
- Garnishment Processing
- Direct Deposit
- Tax Filings: 941’s, 940 (FUTA), State Unemployment (SUTA), W-2’s, 1099’s
- Benefits Management
- Employee Self Service
- Consulting Services: planning and guidance through every step of the payroll set up process, parallel testing and go-live.
- Access standard and customizable templates to streamline Employee On-Boarding solution
- Track certifications, training and other compliance information for employees
- On Demand real-time inquiry and reporting options
Kianoff & Associates offers three options to maintain payroll systems.
1. In House: Put your in-house team in total control of Payroll processing using the payroll component of your Microsoft Dynamics GP, Sage 100 or Sage 500 systems. Human Resources (HR) is also available sharing the same database used for payroll. Handling payroll in house can be cost effective and provide greater control and flexibility.
- Take advantage of our industry specific Payroll Best Practices in Health Care, Restaurant & Hospitality, Distribution and Services industries where complex payrolls can be handled efficiently and accurately, without adding to overhead.
- Streamline data entry and reduce errors with simplified employee record setup along with the ability to track detailed and customized records of pay, benefits, and deductions
- For companies with on-going hiring, on line applications or high turnover, there are options to add in Applicant Tracking, On-Boarding and Employee Self Service.
- Integrate with all tax and tax filing from proven Partner Providers.
2. Outsourced, using a service that is responsible for producing payroll and, in many cases, handling all tax reporting. We have developed a library of integrations to and from systems such as ADP and PayChex so core payroll data can be brought into your ERP system to capture and report on costs and expenses.
3. Hybrid, processing payroll in house, then outsourcing for tax payment and filing services. This model is best for companies that want complete control of the payroll process but don’t have in-house resources to handle tax compliance. Outsourcing tax payment and filing services also helps reduce occurrences that bring tax penalties.
Yes, It is Critical You Get Payroll Correct. No, It is Not Rocket Science
For small businesses with standard payroll needs the initial set up and training on payroll processing can be covered with a short ramp-up. After that, the time commitment to go through the payroll process may just be a day per pay period, or less. The best way to get started is Kianoff’s Quick Start Payroll Implementation. It is tailored for companies that are:
- Less than 50 employees
- Centralized in one location
- Have just 1 company (EIN), and in the same company database as the ERP system
- Using Standard workflow
- Using standard pay, benefits, deductions and earnings codes
- Using standard, non-complex Payroll to General Ledger mapping
The Quick Start Payroll Implementation also includes set ups, training, security, Direct Deposit and instruction on how to handle required tax filings. If you currently own the Payroll Module and are considering using it, or you need more information about the Quick Start, contact Kianoff support.
Payroll Needs More Complex? Not To Worry
Larger companies typically have more complex set-ups, more employees, locations, integrations with other software programs and require more reporting options. Payroll can get complex, but not when you partner with Kianoff to custom tailor a solution that meets all those varied needs.
We break it down into manageable parts and show you how to maximize the power of your in-house Payroll system to address them all. Our payroll team has experience with all the varied needs of companies across industries and the more challenging areas of payroll and payroll processing:
- Remote employees maintaining data
- Multi state taxation
- Employee On-Boarding and Self Service
- Applicant Tracking
- Negative Pay
- Time Clock Interface
- Workers Compensation Management
- Multi-tiered Deductions
- Connecting Payroll with Accounts Payable
- Unique and or taxable Benefits
- Tips, Split Commission
- Intercompany or Inter-fund transfers
- Advanced Overtime calculations
- Garnishments and Child Supports (including pro-rata split outs)
- Advanced PTO management
- Integrations to outside systems
- Advanced Inquiry, Reporting and Dashboards
- Advanced Bank Reconciliation
- Tax Management
- Document Imaging
- Payroll data integrity testing, monitoring and reporting
If the value of having your payroll in house is worth finding solutions that handle the complex parts of payroll, let Kianoff be your guide. We’ve developed a library of tools and scripts that enhance the core functionality of payroll in Microsoft Dynamics GP, Sage 100 and Sage 500 ERP systems. Tools in our Payroll tool chest – Kianoff’s Payroll Extended Solutions – include Custom reports, scripts, alerts and enhancements covering such areas unique to payroll as:
- Direct Deposit
- Monthly Payroll
- Vacation and PTO Accruals
- Employee Deductions and corresponding Employer Benefits;
- Worker’s Comp
- Payroll Census
- New Hires
- Affordable Care Act
- Imports for ADP, PayChex
If you would like to better understand your options for payroll, please contact Kianoff support.