Your business has multiple components, so how can you effectively run that business if you don’t have views into all those different levels?
Our supply chain software and business accounting systems connect those multiple levels of your business operations and provides views you need to make smarter business decisions. That means dashboards and reports that give you views into your product lines, departments, warehouses, companies, locations, divisions or more. Kianoff designs the work flow of business accounting systems, so you can get all the views you need into all the multi-faceted needs of your business:
- Have the stock you need when your customers need it.
- Get visibility to inventory demands to keep carrying costs and shrinkage down.
- Improve customer satisfaction by streamlining operations.
- Improve visibility into supplier relationships.
- Improve internal processes to help employees be more effective.
- Capture and monitor important business metrics.
- Distribute financial reports that are valuable and meaningful.
- Incorporate Best Practices in your processes to boost the bottom line.
Our supply chain software is the most efficient way to manage your inventory and supply chain, improve performance, manage labor costs, and speed up your processes. At Kianoff you get 30 years of experience in developing and honing best practices that streamline business processes and workflow, maximize inventory and purchasing processes, improve customer service and increase your financial success.
What sets you ahead of the competition? Inventory…
At the core of any distributor or light manufacturer is inventory. Effective management of inventory can significantly contribute to increasing net profit. There are costs to the capital you tie up in inventory. You must strike the delicate balance between timely delivery of goods to your customer at a fair price and not carrying more product than you need, avoiding stale or outdated items and keep the carrying costs of inventory down.
There are always competitors, so the best way to compete is using supply chain software that will put you on top of the competition. At Kianoff & Associates, we focus on ways to help you run smarter, as we show you how to:
- Keep customers happy with in stock products, priced right.
- Minimize rush orders and keep shipping costs down with better visibility to your current inventory.
- Right size pricing to customers by offering quantity price breaks, pricing levels and even customer specific pricing.
- Bring efficiency to the receiving team with visibility to purchases and timeframe to prepare.
- Bring visibility to stock needed to build or produce finished goods using component parts.
- Integrate tools like Bar Coding and Scanning to streamline inventory management
- Bring stock outs to a minimum and eliminate back orders that cost you sales.
- Assign inventory characteristics to group items for more analytical reporting. That empowers you to then sort by your defined criteria: material, source, color, manufacturer, type, build/buy, other.
- Monitor changes in client’s purchasing habits through historical client views.
- Gain hands-on control of your personnel and employees bringing Payroll and/or HR in-house and using as a strategic component. Learn more about Kianoff’s expertise with Payroll.
- Implement Best Practices processes to assure proper inventory costing
- Gain visibility into current business metrics using business intelligence and operational reporting tools such as Dashboards and alerts. You’ll know when there’s low inventory, low cash, large orders…., you fill in the blank.
- Watch all your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Use the ability to analyze financials based on your multi-faceted reporting needs such as department, product line, warehouse, division, location, company to arm your users with the information they need to do their job more effectively.
An integrated wholesale distribution and/or light manufacturing system takes in all the data of your business. Regardless of how many warehouses or offices you have, if your data comes from inside sales or eCommerce and requires shipping, the details for inventories, orders and customer information is entered just once. That’s the data you make available to everyone in your business to reduce the risk of order error and stock outs.
- It puts you in a position to more accurately predict sale trends.
- It puts in place a structure that empowers you to act quickly when the opportunity arises.
- It’s how you can improve and grow your business to its maximum potential.
Our role is to be your partner in implementing Microsoft Dynamics GP, Sage 100, Sage 500 or Intacct to bring today’s technology to your distribution and/or light manufacturing business. Our industry expertise helps you take advantage of the ability to manage regular processes faster and more effectively. And that, in turn, will make your work flow more efficient and reduce your team’s stress levels. These comprehensive systems can grow from a basic tool to an enterprise level strategic business tool.
Supply chain software for distributors or light manufacturers can be located on premises, cloud solutions (SaaS), or a hybrid that gives you the best of both. There are also upgrade paths from QuickBooks, Peachtree or other aging legacy systems. You will benefit from the flexibility of the business systems as you continue to improve your business processes. Contact Kianoff & Associates for supply chain software and business accounting systems to increase your success.
Supply Chain Software for Distributors
Distributors Are Unique. Let’s Talk Distribution.
Overseeing a distribution company is a complex undertaking in any market or industry. If you don’t have enough inventory, orders are delayed; you miss deadlines and risk losing customers. Carrying too much inventory is a burden and costly to warehouse.
Using business accounting systems with inventory metrics related to pricing, warehouses, stock levels and shrinkage lets you run your business more strategically. You are empowered to innovate and compete. Your customers are happier, you margins are better and so too are profits. Here’s what we talk about in conversations with distributors:
- Do you have Multiple Companies? Do they do business together or with common ownership? Using Intercompany functionality with integrated distribution systems offers centralized payment opportunities while fully distributing costs to the right entities.
- Do you buy and/or sell in lots or serial numbers? Tracking this carefully provides benefits throughout the process; rotating stock keeps you ahead of expiring products.
- How does the web impact your business? Would your business benefit from a web store or do you have a web store that does not currently connect to your business management system? Fully integrated eCommerce solutions are available.
- Does the correct cost flow to your finished good? It will if you are streamlined in your product production processes so that raw materials are relieved from inventory as part of the production/kitting process.
- Do you have inventory items with different valuation methods? Not to worry, you have flexibility with our supply chain software solutions if you have multiple inventory costing methods.
- Do you run out of product? Supply chain software can minimize this issue with lead time, min/max stock information and alerts.
- Do you want to manage labor costs and capture needed detail on employee data and payroll across all departments? You gain control of your personnel and employees bringing Payroll and/or HR in-house as a strategic component. Our business accounting systems streamline important payroll tasks to increase efficiencies, give better access to data and reduce payroll errors. We take advantage of payroll technologies customized to your industry to create more powerful workforce reporting, employee self-service, reporting compliance and better insight into labor expenses. There are also integrations to time clock systems, or pay cards. Or, if you want to outsource your payroll, we have imports that can be utilized to make that easier. Click here for more a more in-depth review of payroll.
- Do you use Financial Reports? The foundation of every system is the general ledger and the financial reports that are produced. Look at the multiple facets of your business such as product line, department, warehouse, location, company, customer base. Click on Financials tab for examples of the best practice financials other distributor clients find valuable in their businesses.
- Do you have good information on your inventory by warehouse? Knowing where your stock is avoids someone ordering more of an item you already own in another warehouse.
- Are you timely in your delivery? When inventory is accurate you can streamline shipping and delivery methods. Make that information available to employees and they can provide customer quotes, set delivery expectations and process orders.
- Would you gain enough in efficiency to adopt use of bar coding and scanners? When your need for tracking tells you it is time, your business management/ERP system is already positioned for full integration.
- Are your suppliers or customers requiring EDI? Electronic communication with customers and/or suppliers is required by more business partners; if you don’t have it you limit your opportunities.
- How Are You Managing Customer Relationships? Do you have all the contacts at your customers and vendors so you can get right to the people you need? Does your sales team have a way to easily monitor sales activity to know better where to focus their time? Does customer service have visibility to all your customer correspondence? Do you have a CRM system?
Demands for goods are driven by external forces that can change all the time. You need CRM solutions that can keep up with that. Kianoff will put in place CRM solutions with supply chain software that keep you on top of the BIG areas of your business:
- Operations: Costs of supply and inventory control.
- Efficiency: Streamlining business processes for your organization means tasks that are routine are automated where possible to reduce workload and staff time.
- Reporting: Using the information, trends, predictions, and analyses help eliminate business pitfalls. Use these tools as your basis for sound decision-making.
- Control: Systems in place mean you can focus on business success.
- Customer Service: Provide timely product and great service.
Business Accounting Systems = Key Financial Metrics
Key Financial Metrics Tell Where Business Is Good, or Not
Your financial statements are a window into the health of your company. These reports are often an underused source of vital business information. If you are just using Financial Statement for the basics in reporting. You are missing out.
Supply chain software and business accounting systems for distributors or light manufacturers will give you value from analyzing your multi-faceted businesses at its component parts level, using filters such as:
- Product line
- Product type
- Client type
Your business also gains from factoring in non-financial data, giving you new lenses to analyze your financials:
- Employee count – revenue per employee
- Square footage – expenses per square foot
- Units produced – operating costs per unit produced
It’s your business and you want to know what’s going on. You need financial reports that are accurate and comprehensive so that your employees and executives gain the business insights and visibility they need to make better decisions and drive performance.
That matches up with the business thinking from our team of CPAs, accountants and consultants. We are accountants who understand fiscal periods reporting, best practices for account formats, to accommodate varied reporting needs and when you need posting, unit and/or allocation accounts. And, we know how and where to access the information you want because we know all the tables and fields in the system.
Company founder and President Lisa Kianoff, CPA.CITP, CGMA, has always focused on the value of strong financial reporting as essential to the decision makers’ ability to manage their business. Since 1986 our team has followed that lead, creating financial reports that provide real value, and putting them in the hands of people who can use them most effectively. Financial Report Writing remains one of the top strengths of our skilled CPAs and accountants in our Consulting Services Department.
As a company focused on distribution and/or light manufacturing, you’ll want to consider Kianoff’s Best Practices for Financial Reporting that keeps the focus on important areas like inventory management and cash flow.
The Inside Story on Distribution and Light Manufacturing
There’s a lot of activity around your business and work flow to be sure all your processes get handled. A lot of touch points become data that when viewed in different ways can tell you a lot of your business – what’s working, what’s not, what you should worry about, what you should pay attention to. In short: Business Intelligence.
If you are using, or are going to use Microsoft Dynamics GP, Sage 100, Sage 500 or Intacct , your business management and accounting system is already capturing data. We show you how to transform that into meaningful and useful information for your business purposes. Business Intelligence (BI) makes interpreting voluminous data more friendly, which makes it clearer how to take advantage of new opportunities and plan for the long-term.
We use BI for companies in Distribution and Light Manufacturing to provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations related to reporting, data mining, event processing, benchmarking and more. Here are the types of information we pay attention to for strengthening your business performance:
|Customer Analysis||Obsolete Inventory|
|low Moving Parts||Customer Communications|
|Cash Balance||Inventory Shortages|
|Large Purchases from Customers||Best Selling Items|
|Large Purchases from Vendors||Sales Per Employee|
|Items Below Minimum Balance||Location/Regional Activity|
|AR Past Due||Visibility to Warehouse(s)|
|Mange/Monitor Delivery Dates & Deadlines|
Today you have some terrific choices among BI tools and supply chain software that will produce the reports, dashboards and alerts to keep on top of your business. As we understand the finer parts of your business, we’ll be better positioned to make recommendations. As a company that is focused on distribution and/or light manufacturing, you’ll want to consider Kianoff’s Best Practices for Business Intelligence that keeps the focus on important areas like inventory management and cash flow, and backs it up with a library of customer, inventory, vendor and operational reports that illustrate what you need to watch.
Business Intelligence doesn’t just happen. To learn how your business can tap into the power of BI, contact Steve and hear how peer companies in distribution and light manufacturing are maintaining a competitive edge with access to the BI that strengthens their performance. Click to learn more about Business Intelligence & Reporting.